Happy New Year! I hope you have all gotten back on track after the holiday run and are ready for 2020! I am excited to see what this year will bring and how I can continue to grow this space. Thank you so very much for all the support last year; it is invaluable!
2019 was an interesting year for me, lots of loss and lots of growth as I discussed in my post on turning 40… oh yes and I turned 40. I am happy to leave it all in the rear view and march ahead into the new decade with what I have learned.
First I need to get ORGANIZED. Seriously, I need to GET. IT. TOGETHER! After the holidays every last corner of my house needs to be overhauled. Everything from my freezer to my desk to my linen closet… I am feeling a blog post on organization sometime soon!
I may be a little quiet here while I am organizing and rebooting. I need time to figure out how to repurpose the ridiculous vegan mousse from Half Baked Harvest into an every night small sweet bite, perfect the Instant Pot BBQ chicken drumstick (all these ideas I posted about on Instagram, are you following along there?) and Spring Break fashion!
Before I break to reboot and say “See ya” to 2019 I thought I would round up my top favorites from last year! Twenty four 2019 “Favorite Favorites”!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!
- No. 6 Boots – Of course these are number one on the list… favorite boots ever.
- Erno Laszlo Firmarine Face Creams – I have used Laszlo for my entire beauty life- this is what I started washing and moisturizing my face with as pre-teen and I still swear by it. I love the Firmarine creams (day and night) best.
- Iota The Great Big Game in The Teeny-Weeny Tin – We still love this game. Best for travel (it really is teeny!) and the kids have become very good at it!
- Apple AirPods – I use these everyday!!!
- The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals by Clea Shearer & Johanna Teplin – This book is so motivating! Perfect for January… and getting it together!!!
- Roku – Best streaming device. We love good TV and movies, we just do. And if you are thinking about switching to only streaming… read this post about Cutting The Cord.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – Collagen does wonders for the hair, nails and gut also packs a protein punch to any smoothie… or my favorite Cinnamon “Latte”.
- Mother The Looker Jeans – These are my favorites out of all my jeans. They never stretch out too much and always look just right!
- Peloton Bike – I still love this. It is such a good work-out, effective and efficient, especially from a time standpoint. I have long been a fan of an at home work out. We did the math and the monthly fee for this was far less than a monthly gym membership for one of us, let alone two! ($58 a month!) And hey, snow days are coming! If you are looking for a change in your workout routine or are already contemplating a Peloton- DO IT! It is so good for you! Cardiovascular health is SO important (read this post)! Also, you can use this code VGXVJZ to get $100 off your accessories… like the shoes you need to ride it!
- Malin + Goetz Natural Deodorant – Love this all natural deodorant! It really works!
- Daisy Jones & The Six : A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid– I still think about this book and I read it in June! It is being made into a mini-series- YES!
- Birkenstock Gizeh in Metallic Copper – Birkenstocks for life.
- Eric Javits Hampton Hat – Can not be with out this in the Summer. Really blocks the sun and so chic!
- Bootblack Cranberry Jalapeño Lime Complex Cocktail & Soda Syrup – Still loving this syrup to make a very easy weekend cocktail happen!
- Martha Stewart Menu Planner – I really do use this every week to keep me on track with what I need to shop for and what we are having!
- Pacific Natural: Simple Seasonal Entertaining by Jenni Kayne – One of my desires for 2020 is to entertain more and this book is just perfect for inspiration!
- If I Built a School By Chris Van Dusen – We still read this book once a week and I have seen a few drawings of new school cafeterias because of it!
- Whisper Network: A Novel by Chandler Baker – Another fantastic read that really stuck with me.
- Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook by Tieghan Gerard – I am still working my way through this book, but Tieghan is a genius! The vegan mousse I referenced above is proof enough!
- Maui Jim Sunglasses – Maui Jim has really stepped up their style game, I love these frames!
- Lou & Gray Signaturesoft Plush Wide Leg Pants – I could not love these pants more… I have them in two colors!
- Splendid Over The Knee Poet Boot – Most comfortable boots, they look so fantastic on!
- Rebecca Taylor Leopard Metallic Dress – Every time I see this dress in my closet I smile. I just love it. It is on major sale now too!
- Nothing Fancy by Alison Roman – And last but not least, another cookbook! This one is just so so good. I have yet to make anything less than spectacular from this book!
Bravo to all the good (and favorite) things from 2019 and cheers to a bright and healthy 2020!
You can check out all the favorites for each month here: