Hello!!! So sorry I have not posted this month! I have been neck deep in various projects and lots of construction related busyness… I think (“think”) it should lighten up this month! That coupled with the freezing temps, I don’t feel like I have done much this month other than that, walk the dog and read and binge watch!
- Snow Boots – Funny story… well not too funny. But my son was wearing my old (favorite) snow boots because his were too small… and they just fell apart. I told him to take all the snow off before he came inside and it turned out it wasn’t snow on the boot toe but missing rubber with just white insulation. GAH! So, he needed a new pair of boots and so did I! I found these on a whim and they have been AMAZING. Waterproof, warm and insanely chic! Oh and comfortable too! Also in black!
- Electric Tea Kettle – I am obsessed with this thing. I may never go back to a regular tea kettle again. Makes life so much easier in our stove-less kitchenette and honestly, it is so quick and my tea temp is always perfect!
- Tablecloth – So, we are set up in the basement with a kitchenette (let’s see how many times I mention “kitchenette” in this post) and using an old leather top folding card table for eating. This waterproof tablecloth has been awesome. I feel like I have already washed it a bajillion times and it still looks new!
- Sneaker Boots – Essential for dog walking on these cold winter days. They are the perfect height to cover my ankles if I am wearing leggings, they are waterproof and have great tread!
- Don’t Look For Me by Wendy Walker – I read this one in two days! Such a page turner. Wendy Walker is great for twist mysteries.
- Cheek Tint – I love this company’s mascara so I wanted to try another product. This does not disappoint! Quick and clean on the go color that doubles for lips too.
- Stranger In The Mirror by Liv Constantine – Just started this one, off to a good start! I can’t figure out what is happening yet, always a good sign in a mystery!
- The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window (Netflix) – A quirky semi parody on the thriller genre novel. You’ll feel like you watching one of the many books that have appeared on these posts! Kristen Bell is charming as ever.
- Snow Tubes – Christmas gift from my mom for the kids, they have gotten a lot of use this month! I even went for a ride!
- The Well-Loved House by Ashley Whittaker– I have been looking at A LOT of design inspiration this month. This is a beautiful book with so many fun ideas!
- Vacuum Sealer – Christmas gift from my mom to help me prepare for life with the kitchenette… I have to tell you I think I am going to become one of those major meal preppers when my kitchen is done! You can marinate meat (think chicken, pork, skirt steaks) and then vacuum seal and freeze and just pop it out of the freezer the night before or the morning of the day you want to cook it. Fun bonus fact: when you defrost a marinated piece of meat the marinate goes back into the meat as it defrosts making for a very flavorful meal!
- 1883 (Paramount) – If you loved Yellowstone watch this next! It’s the backstory of the Duttons!
- Encanto (Disney Plus) – Darling family movie! Good luck getting the soundtrack out of your head!
- Accordion File Folder – This has kept me on track! Keeps all important construction items in one easy place and I love the zipper on the outside. I need one for every part of my life!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!