Ah, September, that’s a wrap. September is always a jam packed month coming off of summer. I feel like I have holed up a bit this month so there are a lot ( A LOT) of books on this list…
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!
Click on corresponding number to shop item!
- Mostly Plants: 101 Delicious Flexitarian Recipes from the Pollan Family – Loved this book.. the Pollan family doesn’t disappoint with inventive recipes. I love the idea of a vegetable forward menu and this ” Felxitarian” cookbook fits the bill.
Good Housekeeping Cookbook: 1,200 Triple-Tested Recipes – Triple tested… really enough said. Everything you ever wanted to know how to cook is in this book!
- The Other Mrs. Miller by Allison Dickson – Total page turner.
- Weeknight Kitchen with Melissa Clark Podcast – I love NY Times Cooking writer Melissa Clark. I have never made one of her recipes and had it be a fail… that says a lot because I cook a lot of her recipes! Her new podcast breaks down a weeknight meal from start to finish with her cooking real time while she is talking. Start to finish of a recipe. Kind of like a old school cooking show…
- Velvet Hudson Linen Knit Crew Neck Tee – I loved this little tee all summer long and now it is working it’s way into my wardrobe as a layering piece. Great under a thin cardigan as nights are getting a little cooler.
- Whisper Network: A Novel by Chandler Baker – Another page turner. Reese knows how to pick them.
- Calus Table Lamps – I have been doing some light redecorating and I bought these for our family room. I love these lamps because they are tall and the gilding at the bottom makes them a little extra special.
- Fiddle-Leaf Fig Plant – A lovely friend sent us a plant this month and we love how it brightens up the corner of our living room!
Iken Blue & Orange Interchangeable Watch with Sport Dial – My oldest is OBSESSED with this watch “system”. You can change out the bands, dial & case with additional colored pieces making it a brand new watch!
- Sundry Leopard Print Sweater – This sweater!!! Leopard is so on trend (did you read this post?!) and this is the perfect soft & slouchy crew neck. I love it!
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain – Has this been a favorite before? No matter, it needs to be a favorite this month for sure. After the end of Summer with one last ice cream, one more margarita and five more parties to celebrate the end of Summer I always like to get back on track (so to say). My secret (not so secret trick) is celery juice or my favorite burner juice. This compact juicer makes it super easy and it’s also a breeze to clean!
BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller – Sort of random but youngest is still not up for an hour walk (I mean none of my kids are, really) but has no issue reading a book or napping in this for an hour! Best stroller I have ever had, turns easily and is light to push. Allows me to get back to my walking routine!
- The Book Scavenger Series by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman – This series has been a hit in my house! How doesn’t love a little adventure. Your kids will gobble these books up!
If I Built a School By Chris Van Dusen – Chris Van Dusen books are the BEST. They allow a child’s imagination to go wild, his newest book is no exception!