I am so sorry this post is late! The end of December just ran away from me.
To be honest, I am tired. So very tired! There is always so much work leading up to the Holidays, then we went straight into prepping the house for some demo for the new kitchen (which is months off), which means I cooked an aggressive amount of dinners and loaded a chest freezer in my basement. Then it was Thad’s birthday which took the wind out of my sails. 50 is a big milestone and I can not believe he is not here to celebrate it. Grief is a fascinating and cruel thing.
My blog posts may be a little further apart with all the construction we have going on. I don’t seem to have enough hours in the day! Stay tuned on Instagram… I will have house updates and fashion finds on there!
Let’s get to the good stuff… my favorites from December, these are GOOD ones!
- Yellowstone (Paramount)– Okay, I am sure I am late to the game here but OMG. I may say this a lot, but this is the hands down one of the best shows we have ever watched. Definitely Top Five. We watched all 4 seasons last month with the finale last Sunday! If you haven’t watched it, buckle up and prepare to be utterly engrossed.
- New Underwear– I don’t think I have ever written about an undergarment on here… but these deserve a spotlight! They are one size fits most, seamless and oh so comfortable!
- Quilted Sweatshirt – Everlane sent me this sweatshirt and I am obsessed. Very cozy and super chic. I wear it with workout leggings but also jeans!
- Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I am a super fan of Taylor Jenkins Reid, I love her character development and story telling. I have been listening to this one on Audible while cooking (ha!) and it is just fabulous!
- Wide Leg Jeans – I am enjoying the pivot to non skinny jeans (but those are definitely still in my closet), these are a throw back to my boarding school days. Bonus they are NOT super long so they don’t scrap the ground- no soggy hems!
- Emily In Paris (Netflix) – Season two dropped and it is just as charming as the first season! Bonus, my brother in law (Matt’s brother!) is in episode 7 as the stationary bike salesman!
- Jumpsuit – Or is this called a Mechanic Suit? I don’t know, but it sure is cute! This was under the Christmas tree for me and I am thrilled!
- Teddy Coat – Another gift from Everlane (they are AWESOME), it is SO warm and I have felt very put together walking the dog in this coat! And it is on sale!
- Runners – It was time for new sneakers! I love the slip on style, super supportive and comfortable!
- Pillow Mist – Pretty much everything from this brand (OSEA) smells amazing. This spray has a dual purpose. It is suppose to activate your body’s relaxation response and make falling asleep a breeze… after two weeks of using it I can say it definitely works! (On kids too!!)
- Camel Coat – Birthday gift and it is sooooo good. I have been on the hunt for a perfect camel coat for YEARS. This is the perfect mix of tailored and effortless.
- Clifford The Movie – Who else loved these books as a kid? Super cute movie that had the whole family laughing.
- Souper Cubes – These were a lifesaver on my dinner making mission! You can freeze perfectly portioned meals (soups, sauce, proteins, grains) and then pop out of the silicone mold and into a freezer bag. You can also bake in them and they are dishwasher safe!
- Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci – I actually bought this for my father for Christmas but started reading… I am going to download on audible and listen! Listening to Stanley Tucci talk about food is next level! If you watched his show you will love this!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!