Happy Halloween! October favorites are here! I think it is because it has been so warm but it still doesn’t really feel like Fall here… I can’t believe tomorrow is November! Yet again this seems to be a list of a lot of books… maybe I should be doing a separate book list! Reading all the time this month!
Click on corresponding number to shop item!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!
- Mrs. Everything: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner – This book was a delightful surprise. I picked it up thinking I was getting something light and fluffy (perhaps the pink cover?) and got a well written tale of two sisters who go through every circumstance you could imagine a woman going through. So interesting.
- Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook by Tieghan Gerard – I was so fortunate to get an advanced copy of this beautiful cookbook. I want to cook every single recipe. Particularly, Jalapeno Garlic-Butter Shrimp, Strawberry Pretzel Tart, Sun-Dried Tomato And Avocado Salad & Veggie-Loaded Pad Dee Ew. So perfect as the weather finally (fingers crossed) turns a little colder.
- She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement by Jodi Kantor & Megan Twohey – I read this after listening to the NY Times Daily podcast that featured the authors. Absolutely unbelievable. Totally worth the read. or actually the listen. I listened on Audible which I’m also newly obsessed with!
- Mother Looker Jeans in Not Guilty – I have been wearing these on repeat… especially with those No. 6 Clogs.
- Virtue Recovery Shampoo – A friend of mine gave me a sample of this Keratin Shampoo (and conditioner below), I know I feature a lot of different shampoos. Probably because I am on the constant pursuit of one. This has been really good. Zaps the frizz, my hair blows out well AND it seems to stay clean longer- such an added bonus!
- Virtue Recovery Conditioner – Matching conditioner!
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena – This so reminded me of the board game clue! I read this in two days!
- Leopard No.6 Old School High Heel Clogs – I bought No.6 clog boots last Fall and lived in them… it was time to try the clogs! Love is an understatement. So so comfortable and go with everything. If leopard isn’t your thing, try the black leather pair!
- Someone We Know by Shari Lapena– Another Shari Lapena! Her mysteries are so entertaining and quick!
- Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer Herbal Tea – We’ve been drinking this before bed and sleeping like babies!
- Bruder Heat Eye Mask – Given my current eye situation this has been incredible! Who knew we needed to be really taking care of our eye lids after age 25! Not me! This should be used twice daily for 5 minutes each to keep your oil glands in your eyes functioning properly!
- Maui Jim Sunglasses – Yes, I am sunglasses obsessed! But I got these as prescription sunglasses!
- L.L Bean Tote – Not a new favorite, but a definite favorite. Here is my laundry secret… these are our laundry bags. Everyone has their own color. It is the perfect amount of laundry, if that makes sense. Not too much to wash, not awful to fold and you always have something to wear!
- Sweet Loren’s Cookies – These break and bake Certified Gluten Free, Certified Vegan, non GMO, plant-based, dairy free, nut free, 100% whole grain, and Kosher Pareve cookies are RIDICULOUS!!! All natural & simple ingredients; I am thrilled that I found these! So easy to just bake off a few for a weeknight after dinner treat! I have found them at Stop & Shop wherever I am!