May is all about getting ready for summer right? Or at least getting my closet ready for summer. I have been on a major purge lately getting rid of things we don’t love or use anymore (read HERE), and my closet has been hit hard (more on that in a future post!)… so I need some fun replacements! Also, have been on a reading tear, I even got to meet the lovely sisters behind the Liv Constantine hit The Last Mrs. Parrish, #12 on the list!
Without further ado… my May favorites!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them, or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!
Click on item name to shop!
- Shoshanna Tinsley Dress – I tried this on on a whim and it is just darling (see above!). If you are local I picked it up at my favorite store Fred!
- Lululemon Align Jogger Crop – Perfect cross between a sweatpant and a yoga tight… with pockets!
- Adidas Swift Run in Cheetah – These are my favorite sneakers… as you know, I post about them a lot! But I needed a new pair and the cheetah pattern won out!
- Malin + Goetz Natural Deodorant – After my debacle with another unnamed natural deodorant I found this one. A little on the pricey side but it lasts forever and does not irritate the skin!
- Demeyere Stovetop Smoker – Okay, so we just got this and have yet to crack the box but I am SO excited for it. We had smoked potatoes at a restaurant recently and they were delicious!
- MZ Wallace Large Downtown Crosby – This was a Mother’s Day present and I LOVE it!!! It is just large enough (there are two sizes, check out the smaller one here) to fit a note pad and markers for kids but also a large sunglass case. It has three carrying options, I love a crossbody, and the nylon makes it durable!
- Sol Angeles Graphic Tee – The perfect fitting little tee with a great summer graphic!
- R+Co Bel Air Smoothing Shampoo + Antioxidant Complex – My sister in law turned me on to this brand recently. It works! Bonus that it is Paraben Free, Sulfate Free, Petrolatum and Mineral Oil Free, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free & Vegan!
- R+Co Bel Air Smoothing Conditioner – Am I the only one that buys the matching set for shampoo and conditioner?
- The Vegetables Gardener’s Cookbook by Danielle Majeika – I love checking cookbooks out of the library and I have renewed this one twice. It’s in my shopping cart because it just so good! Perfect for all the epic summer produce coming our way.
- Alexis Grizelda Skirt – When I tried this skirt on at Fred (again!), I fell in love with it. A little outside the norm for me but that’s what makes it so special! I will be wearing with tanks, boxy white tea and then a cashmere sweater come Fall!
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine – I tore through this book and loved meeting the authors! Perfect beach read, Reece’s Picks usually are!
- Peloton Bike – Perhaps our most favorite new thing this month is the Peloton! Let me tell you… I have NEVER been to a spin class before. I ride my bike back and forth to the beach, novice is an understatement. We love it. It is such a good work-out, effective and efficient, especially from a time standpoint. I have long been a fan of an at home work out, we did the math and the monthly fee for this was far less than a monthly gym membership for one of us, let alone two! ($58 a month!) If you are looking for a change in your workout routine or are already contemplating a Peloton- DO IT! Also, you can use this code VGXVJZ to get $100 off your accessories… like the shoes you need to ride it!
- Corksicle Water Bottle – And of course, I need a water bottle on that bike! This is my current favorite!