Who out there has tried Thrive Market yet? I swear I signed up for an account over a year ago and never ordered. Something about membership fees always gets me. Yes, it is like Costco, but I always hesitate. I did the same thing with Beachbody. I waited forever and we all know how that turned out. So, my advice to you is DO IT. Don’t wait like I did. I think it may just be the best online source out there for natural and organic products!
My first box arrived this weekend and it was packed perfectly. Glass jars intact, delicate pasta noodles still perfectly whole in their box, these guys know what they are doing. I had forgotten what I had ordered (more on that next) and I could not get over how much was in the box! It would have cost at least double at Whole Foods and I basically stocked my pantry for a month.
Back to the fees. A yearly membership is $59.95, that is $5 a month roughly. Thrive buys the products at wholesale and then doesn’t mark up the products as high as local retailers for its members. There is also a 30 day FREE trial period for you to see what you think. They say you pay off that $59.95 fee in savings in your first two months; I believe it! I saved $46.75 on my first order… and I comparison shopped at my local stores before ordering so I know this is accurate! My estimated annual savings if I order my staple pantry items every month is $561! How crazy is that?
The other FANTASTIC reason to order from Thrive is “For each paid membership, Thrive Market provides a free membership to a family in need, teacher, veteran, or first responder.” How wonderful is that?
We do eat a lot of “specialty foods” around here, as we are catering to being gluten free so this helps us immensely. They have categories that you can filter for “gluten-free”, “moms”, “paleo”, “raw, “staples” and “vegan” as well to make it easier to navigate for your specific diet.
The one and only thing I would say was not perfection was the shipping time. (Shipping is FREE so that’s a win!) We are living in a world where we are so used to instant everything, I anticipated Amazon Prime fast service. I ordered on a Monday and it got delayed two days with weather and arrived on a Saturday. Champagne problems really, I just need to plan ahead a little more which is not a bad thing!
- Simple Mills Farmhouse Cheddar Crackers – If you are gluten free or trying to eat less grains these are fantastic. Heck, they are fantastic if you just want a good cracker. Think healthy chez-it. They are made of almond and cassava flour and my kids love them too!
- Simple Mills Chocolate Chip Cookies – Another Simple Mill’s product… really I am so impressed with them. These cookies remind me of an old school Chip’s Ahoy in the best way possible. They are bite sized and fit perfectly into my kid’s lunch boxes.
- Rao’s Marinara 32 oz Jar – This is the best jarred sauce out there in my opinion. And it is also $3 more at my local grocery store than it is on Thrive. This is the sauce I use for house favorite Instant Pot Meatballs Marinara so I like to keep a couple of jars in the pantry.
- Bragg Organic Sprinkle – I talked about this in my Holiday Gift Guide last year. We put this seasoning on everything. Meats to potatoes, stirred into hot lentils or mixed into salad dressing. It is so good!
- Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats – Thrive has an excellent selection of Bob’s Red Mill, one of my go to brands! It can be hard to find steel cut oats that are certified gluten free so I love that they carry them. Steel cut oats in, yes, the Instant Pot, have fast become a favorite for my kids!
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour – A great AP GF flour, I use this one to make my GF Roll Out Sugar Cookies.
- Jovial Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles – That’s right gluten free lasagna noodles! This is the best brand I have found for GF pasta, it really tastes good and is not gummy. They even have manicotti noodles.
- KIND Dark Chocolate Chunk Granola Bar – Kids favorite and half the price of Wholefoods.
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Organic Super Seed Crackers – Everything – If you haven’t had these crackers with goat cheese spread on top you are missing out.
- Let’s Do… Organic Green Banana Flour – It sounds odd, but it is a really great grain free flour swap. I have made amazing banana bread with it… which I really should write up into a post!
- Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – I like to have a back up in the freezer in case I run out of homemade treats. I mean honestly, you never know when a craving is going to hit! These are SO good!
- Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola – Usually I like to make my own granola, but time doesn’t always permit. This Purely Elizabeth one tastes fantastic and has the added benefit of probiotics!
I have already filled my cart for the next time I order. I can’t wait to try these products: Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Pancake Mix, Jovial Gluten Free Bread Flour, Tropical Coconut Twist Everyone Soap for Kids, Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chip Snack Packs, Simple Mills Artisan Focaccia Mix, Farmhouse Culture White Cheddar Kraut Chips!