I love the start of Summer for many reasons… but one of my most favorite reasons is that my dad’s garden is abundant with lettuce. His favorite to grow is Simpson and it is SO good! There is nothing like a salad made with fresh cut lettuce. But, the dressing has to be equally as good. If you’ve been a reader for a while you know I prefer to make my own salad dressings, I think this may be my new all time favorite! Bursting with herby flavor, it is a Summer home run.
Basil Thyme Vinaigrette
- 1/2 Cup of olive oil
- 1/4 Cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 8 Thyme sprigs, woody stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and bright green.
- Use on your favorite greens or grains! Even great as a marinade.
- Store in jar in fridge for up to one week!