Okay, let’s start a new series! Summer Salads! You all overwhelmingly confirmed (thank you!!!) that you’d love to know what is in my daily Summer salad over on Instagram and I’m happy to write a new post series!
I love combining the unexpected in a salad, especially when the produce is on fire right now. For me, it’s important to always have something a little sweet, something crunchy and something with zing. And let’s not forget a homemade dressing. I try to make a jar every week so throwing together a salad is easy.
I will write the recipe as one serving in my favorite melamine bowls (I have different patterns at home and in RI) and it can easily be multiplied. Feel free to comment with requests and or questions! Perhaps Summer Salads will become a weekly post!
Prosciutto, Peach & Cucumber Salad
- Bowl filled with your favorite lettuce combo. I love Boston Big or Green Leaf here.
- 5-6 thin slices of prosciutto in bite sized pieces
- 1 ripe peach cut into chunks
- 1 Persian cucumber sliced thin
- Sliver (1/2 inch) of red onion cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped/broken pecans
- 3 tablespoons (or more) of Basil Thyme Vinaigrette
- Assemble ingredients into your salad bowl. For those wondering how I make those Instgram- worthy salads, I tend to place items in pie shaped wedges around the bowl. Sometimes it tastes better when it is pretty!
- Drizzle on salad dressing, toss and enjoy!
- Repeat the next day and all Summer long!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them, or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!