So, this seems like a sort of ridiculous thing to write about but I have received SO MANY requests about how to stock up a pantry/fridge/freezer should we end up with a Coronavirus 2 week quarantine in the NY Metro area (or anywhere else for that matter).
You can read more about the Coronavirus here on the CDC website.
Now, let me be VERY clear… I do not think we are about to experience some sort of zombie apocalypse, but I do feel like there is a significant chance that our schools will shut down for two weeks and we will be housebound. 1000 people are already quarantined in neighboring Westchester county… So let’s be prepared.
This is what I have stocked my house with to make sure we are covered should a two week in house “staycation” happen… It is all food that we will eat eventually, and I was careful with expiration dates. And don’t forget pet foods and medicines! And diapers and formula if needed!
For a family of four.
- Marinara sauce (I seriously bought 9 jars… but we will use them!)
- Dry Pasta (6 boxes)
- Rice (2 Bags)
- Large bag granola
- Beef Jerky
- Beans (canned or dry)
- Ketchup, mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, coconut aminos
- New bottles of oil, olive, coconut, whatever you use
- Bone Broth (several boxes)
- Ramen rice noodles (a few packages)
- Bread (Actually, I stuck 4 loaves in the freezer)
- Pirate Booty & Popcorn, a few bags of snacks
- Cookies, two packages
- Chocolate bars (I can not go a day with out chocolate)… several bars
- Coffee beans
- Applesauce (I did a huge box of those squeeze pouches)
- Bagels & English muffins (in the freezer)
- Extra large jar each of peanut butter/almond butter & jelly
- 32 oz cartons of soup (4!)
- Coconut Milk
- Taco shells
- Chocolate Chips
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Children’s Meds (Motrin, Tylenol, Zarbees, Dimetapp)
- Adult Cold and Pain meds (Motrin, DayQuil & Nyquil)
- Elderberry & Vitamin C
- Clorox Wipes
- Laundry Detergent
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Hand Soap
- Bar Soap
- Batteries (sooo important for toys and flashlights!)
- Make sure you have enough of your day to day toiletries- contacts, contact solution, toothpaste etc etc!
(I went to Costco for bulk organic meat and whole foods frozen fruits and vegetables!)
- Hot dogs & Sausages (several packs)
- Chicken Tenders ( 6 lbs separated)
- Chicken Thighs (3 lbs separated)
- Chicken Drumsticks (3 lbs separated)
- Ground Hamburger (5 lbs separated)
- Frozen Spinach (a few bags)
- Frozen Butternut Squash (a few bags)
- Frozen Kale
- Frozen Lima Beans
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Green Beans
- Frozen Pineapple
- Frozen Raspberries
- Frozen Blueberries
- Frozen Strawberries
- Ice Cream
(These are items that have a longer shelf life than some, I actually have not purchased these all yet… you better believe I will by using Amazon Now immediately if I hear schools are closed!)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Half & Half
- Eggs (2 dozens)
- Kale (seriously this lasts forever)
- Milk (look for one with a far expiration date! Get two!)
- Shredded Cheddar (you can freeze this too!)
- Shredded Mozzerella
- Parmesan Cheese
I think that is everything! And that is A LOT! We will absolutely go through all this food as the times passes anyways! Don’t forget to check out my Amazon Store that has all of the pantry, medicines & cleaning supplies linked!
Oh! And here are some idea of what to make with all of that food… or make some ahead and freeze it!
Perfect Chicken Drumsticks, Paleo Tuscan Kale Soup, Chicken & Sweet Potato Chili, 30 Minute Pork Ragu with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables, Wooden Spoon Sloppy Joes, Simple Meat Sauce, BBQ Chicken & Roasted Sausages, Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot, Black Beans in the Instant Pot, Roasted Crunchy Chickpeas , “Best Ever” Coconut Oatmeal, and Butternut Squash Soup with Curry & Sumac (In the Instant Pot!).
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!