These are my favorite snack and go to crunch for a salad! Protein packed crouton- yes please!
One can chickpeas
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
1. Open the can of chickpeas, pour into a strainer and rinse thoroughly.
2. Line a cookie sheet with paper towels then turn out chickpeas on pan- pat/roll dry with towels, then discard paper towels.
3. Drizzle with olive oil… I eye ball it and do a few times around the pan. I’d say about a tablespoon.
4. Generously season with salt, pepper and your favorite spices. I love using smoked paprika but garlic powder, chili powder even Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Salt are awesome here too! Mix well with hands.
5. Place in oven, check after 10 minutes and shake the pan well. Mine normally take between 20-25 minutes to get browned and really crunchy.
6. Remove from oven add a smidge more salt and toss. Let cool and enjoy!
I love these plain (as do my kids!) or tossed into a salad, or even pasta! Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for a few days… they don’t last long in my house!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them, or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!