So here is my version of Tuscan Soup. I feel like it is all over Pinterest and Instagram right now so I wanted to try my own version of it. Paleo Tuscan Soup… in the Instant Pot! I went the route of making my own sausage (sort of) but you could for sure use store bought (raw) Italian sausage, chicken, turkey or pork, if you don’t have the Primal Palate spices. BUT GET THE SPICES! They are amazing and I also use them in my simple Pork Ragu recipe! It is SO easy!
Tuscan Kale Soup
Tuscan Kale Soup
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Sweet onion chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves minced (run them through a garlic press!)
- 1 lb Ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 2 Teaspoons Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Blend
- 1 Teaspoon Primal Palate Breakfast Blend Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- 7 Yukon gold potatoes cubed
- 4 Large carrots peeled and sliced in to half inch slices
- 5 Cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 Cups chopped curly kale
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk (full fat) (you can not taste the coconut but it adds a creamy sweetness!)
- Juice of two lemons
- Salt & pepper
- Turn on the saute feature on your Instant Pot. Add the olive oil and let it heat up a bit.
- Add the onion and allow to saute for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then add ground turkey, primal palate spices and salt & pepper. Continue to cook, stirring frequently until turkey begins to brown, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Next add sliced carrots, diced potatoes and chicken broth.
- Turn off saute function and place lid on your Instant Pot. Make sure valve is set to “sealed”. Set it to manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once cook time is up, do a quick release. I place a dishtowel over the lid before switching the valve over to release. Once all pressure has released remove lid. Stir in kale and coconut milk and allow kale to wilt.
- Taste soup for seasoning, add more salt, pepper or seasoning blend as needed. Then add the juice of two lemons. (I love the lemon juice for a little brightness!)
- Allow to cool a little bit and check seasoning again and then serve!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!