October seems like it was the longest month ever… It was so hot and then it went and snowed yesterday! I feels like it’s Summer & Winter all in one month. All the good times (and freedom) interacting with others outdoors is now slowing rolling to a close. So, what does that mean? Lots of books and screen time and perhaps a little bling to brighten my day!
Oh, and Happy Halloween!!!
- The Lie – Prime – Whoa. This movie was twisty and so well done! Veena Sud that also did The Killing, which I highly recommend, directed this and it was go good!
- No 6 Boots – I ADORE this brand of boots. Fur lined, cozy and comfortable. I am super excited about these with the new thicker lug sole!
- Final Girls by Riley Sager – I have been on a Riley Sager kick and tearing through his books. This was quite different than the others but still delivered the punch at the end!
- Hubbie Halloween – Netflix – Perfect for tonight if you haven’t watched this! Typical Adam Sandler slapstick humor!
- Next on Fox – This show will absolutely make you want to turn off your Alexa… just saying. And it has John Slattery in it, the best from Mad Men.
- Emily Kuvin Cigar Band – a present to myself and I just love it… a real investment piece! In case you missed my post on the fabulous line of jewelry that Emily has, check it out here!
- Modern Comfort Food by In Garten – Again, the Barefoot Contessa can do no wrong. Her latest cookbook is fantastic.
- Together by Heather Benson Stricker – Okay, this one is special! The author, Heather, is an incredible Super Mom (she has 6 kids!) who lives in my town. She wrote an adorable children’s book about what truly makes the holidays special!
- Mother Jeans – I am positive these have landed on the favorite list before… but they are just so good. My go to jeans this month, especially tucked in to the boots above!
- The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything by Clea Shearer & Joanna Teplin – Who doesn’t love these girls? They always provide an instant boost of inspiration to “get it together”!
- Hu Chocolate Gems – My latest chocolate obsession. Gluten free, Vegan, Paleo, Organic… these little gems are addictive! Not too sweet and excellent thrown into a bowl of yogurt, muffins or straight from the bag.
- Faux Fur Throw – Lots of time on the couch reading or watching TV means being under this cozy blanket!
- Alo Sherpa Hoodie – I apparently found last year’s style when I bought it at my favorite boutique last month, so this is the updated version. I finally got to break it out this last week and I don’t think I have taken it off. JUST SO WARM!
- Tri Aero Heat Shield Styling Protection Spray – I have been using this before I blow my hair dry (which I hadn’t done in MONTHS) and I really like it! It feels like my hair is protected… less damaged!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through these links. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you! All items on here are things that we own, love and use almost daily if not multiple times a day! Feel free to contact me with questions on any of the items!