This recipe came about through a bunch of errors… first I made dinner and it was awful. It just didn’t turn out at all. It happens, but not often. So I tried to order take out… couldn’t get the order to go through. Okay, plan C… “let’s have eggs!”. I opened the egg carton, only two left. This led to a hurried search of the pantry, fridge and freezer. Frozen breakfast sausage, cheddar cheese and tortilla chips. Okay, let’s give it a go…
WOW. This turned out so well! Who knew breakfast sausage would make chips and cheese so awesome? No other seasoning needed! My kids have been requesting this every day since I threw it together! Couldn’t be easier and I used items I always have on hand. WIN! You could go the extra mile and add some scrambled eggs on top, but we like it just the way it is!
- 12oz Bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 8 Oz bag of shredded sharp cheddar (I like Tillamook)
- 1 Box of Jones Breakfast sausage links (Feel free to use your favorite, I grew up on Jones. All natural and gluten free, perfect weekend treat!)
- Your favorite nacho toppings – sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, etc
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook sausage as instructed on the package. When cooked, slice in to half inch rounds.
- Spread half the bag of chips evenly on to the baking sheet. Top with half the sliced sausage and half of the cheese.
- Top with the rest of the tortilla chips; then the remaining sausage and cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven. Cook until the cheese melts and gets a little bubbly.
- Remove from oven. I typically pull the whole batch of nachos off the cookie sheet by picking up the parchment and placing on a large wood board. Then top with sour cream, avocado, tomatoes etc. Enjoy!