EASY Paleo Pan Cake
We love a weekend pancake breakfast… I don’t love standing over the stove for a half hour and making my family wait to eat until my pancakes are done at the very end… know what I mean?
So I thought, why can’t I just put the whole thing in the oven and make a “pan cake”- well, of course I can!
The real genius of this is the Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour– it makes THE BEST pancakes and waffles. I’m sure another pancake mix could work here so it’s worth a try with the method… but if you aren’t a nut free house try the Bob’s Red Mill!
EASY Paleo Pan Cake
- 2 Cups of Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup almond milk or water
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted plus more to grease the pan
- 4 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Toppings of your choice; chocolate chips, berries, bananas, maple syrup!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 inch cast iron pan in to preheat too.
2. Mix all ingredients according to Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour package- I typically add a little more vanilla.
3. Remove cast iron pan from oven and add tablespoon of coconut oil to pan and make sure it coats the bottom. Pour batter into the pan.
4. Place back in oven and bake for 16-20 minutes until golden on top.
5. Remove from oven and run a table knife around the edge of pan. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then cut into 8 wedges.
6. Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy! I store leftovers in the fridge and pop in the microwave for a great school day breakfast!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!