A little magic tahini salad dressing to start the weekend off right.
Today I’m heading out for a long weekend on a girl’s trip (how lucky am I? More on the trip later!) so I thought I’d stock the fridge/freezer up a bit for my family. So besides ice cream, hamburgers and other treats I have our favorite Easy Chicken Parmesan and Pork Ragù ready to be reheated along with loads of fresh lettuce and this dressing. What’s an easier vegetable side than a salad? Not much. Throw in some cucumber, chopped tomatoes and an avocado and you are good to go.
I nailed down the recipe for this tahini dressing and it is sort of magical. Tangy, bright and slightly sweet all while being creamy. The perfect dressing! And it can be whisked up with a fork in a mason jar, no blender needed!
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup lemon juice (about two lemons)
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Teaspoons real maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove minced (run through a garlic press!)
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 Grinds of fresh black pepper
- 12 Grinds of Trader Joe’s South African Smoke Blend Grinder (this stuff is amazing)- if you don’t have that sub with 1/2 tsp paprika
- Add all ingredients to a jar and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Check for salt, pepper and paprika and add more to suit your taste.
- If to acidic for your liking add a little more olive oil.
- Store in fridge for a week.
We love this on a kale salad but it’s also great tossed with roasted sweet potatoes or a dip for carrots!