This is barely a recipe but still worth posting! “Chicken Parm” is a staple in our house; sometimes I take short cuts with Bell & Evans GF Chicken Cutlets or Tenders, but this shortcut is even better.
I had the grill hot and ready to go for Sunday afternoon burgers so I generously seasoned some chicken cutlets and grilled them up for a different take on chicken parm! It doesn’t hurt that this is a much lighter dish without the breading! Once the chicken is grilled it is as easy as assembling the dish and popping it in the oven! Bonus, I grill the chicken ahead of time and assemble and stick back in the fridge for dinnertime!
Summer Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- 3 lbs Chicken Cutlets
- Olive oil
- Garlic & Herb or Italian Seasoning (I like Primal Palate Garlic & Herb)
- 32 oz Jar of Rao’s Marina Sauce or your favorite
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken cutlets in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Generously sprinkle your seasoning on chicken, maybe a tablespoon.
- Let sit and marinate for 20-30 minutes while preheating the grill.
- Grill cutlets for 2-3 minutes a side, just enough to get good color on chicken. It doesn’t need to be cooked through entirely as it is going in the oven.
- Pour some of the sauce into the bottom of a casserole. Layer the grilled chicken into the dish and top with sauce, about 2/3’s of the jar.
- Top with a few handfuls of mozzarella and then cover casserole with aluminum foil.
- Either pop into the fridge until you are ready to cook or preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Once oven is preheated put the casserole in and cook until bubbly, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with a handful or two or Parmesan cheese and pop back in oven.
- Crank the heat up to a high broil to brown the cheese.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving! We love to serve with GF pasta and a green vegetable! Enjoy!