Okay, a Pinch Of Yum’s 5 Minute Magic Green Sauce is really… well… magical. I love it and would put it on anything and everything (make it, really!)… BUT, my oldest has a sensitivity to pistachios and parsley (I know, so odd) and has a really awful reaction… so it doesn’t work for family dinner. And actually, neither does the jalapeño… This means I needed to make my own version of this sauce that is friendly to my house, and my kids gobbled it up!
My Own Magic Green Sauce
- 2 Bunches of cilantro cleaned and rough chopped (stems too!)
- 1 Medium/large avocado or 2 small avocados
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 Garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice (or lime)
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- A few grinds of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 Cup of cashews
- Add all ingredients except nuts in the base of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add in the cashews and pulse until combined – you can leave it with some larger nut pieces like a pesto or process until complete smooth (this is what we do).
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge.
- I have tossed this with kale for a salad, served over grilled chicken or fish, used as a dip for some spicy sausage and spooned over tacos! Sky’s the limit!