There are so many different version of Gazpacho out there. Red Tomato, yellow tomato, green tomato, watermelon… the list goes on. This is my favorite variation- simple, easy and perfect on a hot summer day. Also a great use for the amazing purple peppers I got this week from Mike’s Organic Delivery! (Take 10% off your first order with code AMH10)
I skip the raw garlic with this version which seems to make it much more kid friendly. You could certainly make this with tomatoes from the garden but I love a can of San Marzano tomatoes- they are perfect every time.
- 28oz Can of whole peeled San Marazano tomatoes
- 1 Small pepper any color, or half a large pepper
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 3 Mini Persian cucumbers or half a hot house cucumber
- 1/2 Cup of really good olive oil
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 Teaspoon of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop pepper, onion, and cucumber into 1-2 inch pieces. Place in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt & pepper. Then add the can of tomatoes with its juices.
- Process or blend by pulsing until you get the texture you like. I like a fine dice but not a total puree.
- Check for seasoning and if it needs more olive oil. (It smooths out the flavor and the texture!)
- Transfer to a storage container and chill in refrigerator. It is so much better after the flavors meld for an hour or so!
I normally make my favorite Pepper Cheese the same day! They pair perfectly together!