It’s been hot… really hot! Who wants to turn on the stove or oven? Not us. Best hot weather meal? Gazpacho! It is a house favorite here and we love our tomato gazpacho recipe but we thought adding watermelon would be a fun twist. The watermelon adds a mellow sweetness that is just delicious!
Tomato Watermelon Gazpacho
- Combine chopped tomatoes and watermelon in a blender or food processor and blend until semi-smooth. (We like our gazpacho with some texture so we don’t purée completely.)
- Empty out tomato and watermelon mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and blend. I like to split the two so that the watermelon and tomato can have bigger pieces than the cucumber, onion and pepper.
- Once processed, combine all in large bowl. Check for salt and pepper and adjust accordingly. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hrs or more.
- After the Gazpacho is chilled, check flavor and add salt, pepper, vinegar or olive oil to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with your favorites! We like grilled shrimp, red onion, avocado, pistachios, watermelon, feta, roasted tomatoes… anything that sounds good to you!