Maybe roasting vegetables is more of a Fall/Winter recipe, but I love this one for a Summer picnic made ahead and at room temperature… or straight out of the fridge on my way to the beach…
Get ready for easy and simple, but packed with flavor!
Tahini Brussels Sprouts
- 3 bunches of brussels sprouts (36oz)
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini plus more to drizzle
- One lemon zested and juiced
- 2 small garlic cloves
- Teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean and trim your brussels sprouts, then quarter. Place all on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and place into a hot oven. Check and stir the brussels sprouts after 15 minutes. They should be golden brown and crispy in spot after 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce. Start by mincing the two garlic gloves with the teaspoon of salt to make a paste.
- In a low flat serving bowl mix together the tahini, garlic paste, lemon zest and lemon juice. Use a whisk to fully combine into a sauce.
- Once the brussels spouts come out of the oven transfer them to the bowl with the tahini sauce. Toss well.
- Check for salt and pepper, drizzle on a little olive oil if needed and then drizzle with a little more tahini!