I’m not a huge wine drinker anymore… and I really never drink red wine… but this Stone Fruit Sangria is something else. It is just SO GOOD. Sweet but not too sweet and oh so refreshing. Kind of like fruit punch for adults! Take advantage of the Summer fruits!
Stone Fruit Sangria
- 2 bottles of red wine- rioja & granache are what we used
- 1 cup simple syrup- one cup sugar, one cup water heated on stove until combined
- 8 stone fruits (combo of peaches, plums, nectarines!) cut up into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 Cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 Cup Brandy or Cognac
- 2 Cups orange juice (no pulp)
- 1 Liter Club Soda
- Make the simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Heat on the stove on low heat until the sugar fully dissolves and the mixture is thickened. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a large pitcher, add cut stone fruit, red wine, triple sec, brandy (or cognac) and orange juice; stir until combined. Pour in the cooled simple syrup and mix again. Next add the liter of club soda. Stir again.
- It’s best to allow the flavors to marry for a few hours but sometimes its hard to wait! We serve in low balls over ice!
- Transfer to fridge after it has had time for the flavors to blend!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!