This week was no less of a blur than last week… where did it go? What happened?
It’s conference week here for schools which means half-days (or no school for my youngest!) so it always changes the pace of the week. I did NOT get to my Bermuda post… it’s coming, I promise!
I did, however, get to go to a super fun book signing this week for the FABULOUS organizing book The Home Edit at my very talented friend’s store Kirby & Company. Authors/Creators Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin were so lovely! If you don’t follow them on Instagram, you should! I have devoured the book and can’t wait to get to work… and I am pleased to report I already have some of their tricks and strategies in place. Stay tuned for more on this.
I also came up with a super awesome and easy recipe for Chipotle-Lime Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes! Created because I wanted something “fancy” on my tacos and was really short on time.
This is a three ingredient recipe (and that includes salt!) once you make the salad dressing at the start of the week; which also happens to be utterly amazing on tacos.
Chipotle-Lime Caramelized Cherry Tomatoes
- A large container of cherry tomatoes (mixed, heirloom, grape- whatever you like or have only hand!)
- 4 tablespoons of my Chipotle-Lime Dressing (make a batch on Sunday night for awesome salads all week! So good on tacos or a burrito bowl!)
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry tomatoes. Add them all to a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Drizzle the 4 tablespoons of salad dressing over tomatoes and toss to combine. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place in hot oven and roast for 45 minutes, tossing a few times during cooking, until they are caramelized and broken down.
- Remove from oven and check for salt. Use right away or store in a mason jar in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Top tacos, toss with rice, stir into scrambled eggs, mix with goat cheese for an hors d’oeuvres, put over grilled chicken or roasted fish… possibilities are endless!
If you’re really in a cooking grove for sure make these delicious Sweet Potato Tortillas pictured above! Soooo good and surprisingly easy.