I came down on Sunday morning to find our brand new peaches already starting to spoil… even though they weren’t ripe! Heat and no air conditioning is not produces’ friend unfortunately. I hate wasting food so what better thing to make but a crisp? A close riff on my favorite Bourbon Apple Crisp… it’s delicious and I couldn’t wait until dessert… I had it for breakfast for with coconut yogurt and blueberries. Perfection.
Maple Peach Crisp
- 4 large peaches cored and cut into 1/2 pieces.
- 1/3 Cup maple syrup
- 1/3 Bourbon (You can swap with apple cider if you are alcohol free)
- 1/2 Teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Cup gluten free oats (old fashion rolled)
- 1/2 Cup almond flour, packed
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place peaches into a buttered 8×8 baking dish.
- Whisk together maple and bourbon, then add in the cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and arrowroot. Whisk again.
- Pour mixture over peaches and toss to coat. Spread the apples evenly out in pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the topping. Combine the oats, almond flour, sugar, pecans and salt, mix well. Pour in the melted butter and mix again.
- After the 20 minutes, pull peaches out of the oven. Top with the crumble mixture and spread out gently to the edged of plate to cover peaches. Careful, the edged are hot!
- Bake again for 25 to 30 minutes until golden on top and the filling is thick and bubbly.
- Let rest for 10 minutes so it sets and you don’t burn your mouth!
- Serve with vanilla ice cream for dessert! Cover leftovers and refrigerate… top with yogurt for a special breakfast like I did!