I LOVE to add fruit to my salads in the Summer. Nectarines, peaches and watermelon are abundant and pair so well with greens – match made in heaven! I created this dressing for those fruit filled salads… I promise it is not overly “minty”, but a great compliment to the sweet fruit! Adding the chia seeds thickens the dressing while giving you a boost of fiber!
Mint Chia Dressing
- 1/2 Cup fruity olive oil
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1/4 Cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Small garlic cloves
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or Cuisinart.
- Blend, blend and blend some more! It takes a bit of time to get the garlic and the chia seeds fully incorporated. When you can’t see lots of whole chia seeds left, it’s done!
- Store in fridge for up to a week!
Some salad ideas for Mint Chia Dressing:
- Watermelon, Arugula & Feta
- Nectarines, Blueberries, Kale & Pecans
- Spinach, Grilled Shrimp & Peaches
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through these links. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you! All items on here are things that we own, love and use almost daily if not multiple times a day! Feel free to contact me with questions on any of the items!