Here we go! The first A Modern Housewife Holiday Gift Guide of the season! Stay tuned, we will have a lot more!
Shopping for kids at the Holidays is definitely my favorite! The joy on their faces when the unwrap something they REALLY wished for, or even better, something they didn’t know they wanted is priceless.
Below you will find some tried and true toys in my household, things on our wishlist and items that just looked really cool!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them, or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!
Click on item name to shop item!
- littleBits Marvel Avengers Hero Inventor Kit – This was on the top of the wishlist for my oldest. My kids are currently obsessed with the Avengers and I love how this ties learning/coding into the mix!
Avengers Titan Hero Series 12 Pack Action Figures – As I said above. Avengers obsessed!
- Magna-Tiles House Set – We are magna-tile people. They keep my kids busy for HOURS. I love that this new set comes with stickers and stairs to make a house!
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera – You can also get the full bundle with film, case, album and other fun add-on’s! I think this is such a fun present and a good way for kids to stay creative! They can write their own stories or photograph their latest creations!
- The Game of Life – We recently received this as a birthday gift. I forgot how much fun it is!
- Bitsbox – This subscription service is the BEST if you have kids interested in coding.
- Gonge Riverstones – Also on our wishlist. Currently my children are taking every pillow in the house to make obstacle courses… these will be a great substitute. I also think they would make great ramps for cars or mountains for animal figures!
HEXBUG BattleBots Arena Pro – mt 8 year old says this is the coolest thing EVER.
- Airport Playset – We have this set and the kids love it! It has a spanish and english setting and gets hours of playtime!
- Lite Brite – Because I am nostalgic.
- Alpha Tab -Perfect for little hands.
Slackers NinjaLine 36 Ft. Pro & Intro Combo Kit with 10 Obstacles – Keep them outside in the fresh air for hours!
DIY Miniature Model Kit: Harper’s Library – I love miniature models. Think what you will about that, but I bet building this would be awesome for a “tween”.
- Perler Beads – Who remembers these??? Great for fine motor skills!
- Retro My Little Pony Set – Again, I am nostalgic! I love seeing these back on the shelves… not over stylized, not heavily made up. Just a pony with a green tail and wings! (Melody was always my favorite!)
- Patagonia Retro- X Fleece – Because every kid loves this jacket!
- Lego Boost – Reviews for this are excellent. Fun for them to put together and program.
Tangle Sportz Matrix Airless Nightball Football – I love that this glows in the dark!
- Hey Clay – I loved playing with clay as a kid… and I love this packaging. Always a sucker for good packaging.
- Stomp Rocket – Always a winner. Never fail. My kids (and my dad) LOVE THIS. I have purchased many as we sometimes get the rockets stuck on the roof…
- Harry Potter Series Box Set (paperback)– We love Harry Potter in this house. What is a better gift than to read and fall into the world of magic for hours?
- Teepee – Because winter is here and we need to make indoor play fun for the under 5 set!
- Crayola Inspiration Case – I LOVE this. Everything a kid needs to create a masterpiece all in one slim case!
Micro Maxi Kick Scooter with T-bar – We have this scooter and it has been excellent, the double wheels in the front make it balanced and easier to steer. The best one out there in my opinion!
Girls Dress Up Set: Unicorn, Superhero, Angel, Mermaid, Princess – I love that this includes a superhero!