Oh my goodness. The power of roasting things in the oven truly is transformative.
I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest lately because it’s pretty mindless and I need that. There is truly some great content on Pinterest so it’s a win-win. I stumbled across this recipe on The Kitchn and was intrigued. Throwing potato gnocchi in the oven instead of boiling? Would it work? Not only does it work, it is AMAZING and the possibilities are endless.
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. This is a perfect and addictive hors d’oeuvre and my kids gobbled them up.
(On a side note; my brother would have LOVED these. Especially with tzatziki. I was really irritated (mad, sad, frustrated) once I pulled them out of the oven and recognized I couldn’t immediately call him and tell him. So, I will share them with you all – enjoy them!)
Roasted Potato Gnocchi:
- Package (or 2 or more depending on your crowd!) of Potato Gnocchi. I like Nuovo!
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Open gnocchi and spread out on pan
- Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat; a few turns around the baking sheet. Then add salt & fresh ground pepper. (To your liking)
- Toss the gnocchi with your hands to coat with the olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (check after 15!), tossing the pan halfway through the cook time.
- Once golden brown remove from oven and sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Enjoy with marinara sauce, ranch dressing, ketchup or your favorite dip!
You can really have fun here. Choose whatever seasonings you like- garlic powder, oregano, curry- and add with the salt and pepper before you throw them in the oven. Try tossing them with a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese after they come out of the oven too!
Also, we tried this with a handful of gnocchi- make Buffalo Gnocchi! Ridiculous! Melt 4 tablespoons of butter with 6 tablespoons of hot sauce (I like Franks) and toss your roasted gnocchi in the mix. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing!
These are the brand I like: