What could be better and more therapeutic than a weekend away with 9 of your favorite friends in the salt air?
I was fortunate enough to meet a group of women shortly after moving out of NYC in a playgroup for my first born with whom I have remained incredibly close since almost day one. Talk about an incredible support system.
This year was our 6th trip away together and we planned Montauk all the way back in January. We did have a bit of rain, but even the rain and grayness was perfect!
We stayed at Gurney’s which is right on the beach… I mean check out my room!
It was renovated in 2015 and offers a cool and comfortable place to lodge. The common spaces are like a cozy living room and we all loved congregating in our own little nook in the lobby. The bar was dark and moody; Tille’s, where we had our morning breakfast was happy and sunlit.
We set out for a few shopping excursions but my favorite by far was Amagansett. A very sweet little village with shops and galleries that are not on every corner at home. They have a Square that has some great picks, but also a strip of shops where I found my favorites.
There was an art gallery where I discovered a photographer that I love, Laureen Vellante. I covet her ocean images.
My favorite shop that we found was Flowers By Beth. It was a perfect eclectic mix of flowers (obviously), new house wares and vintage finds. I was delighted to walk out with the perfect soft gray lambswool pillow! I was so enamored with the shop and I was able to get a few good snaps.
Moving on to the Square (Amagansett Square), it has some seriously well curated shops.
Pink Chicken had the sweetest kids clothes in fun bright patterns. Also loads of trinkets to make our little darlings excited.
Love Adorned had everything from gorgeous jewelry to handmade candles to some special kids’ treats. And just look at the space… the ceiling!
French Presse was the most perfect linens store!
We finished with grabbing lunch at Organic Krush… I wish I could have brought the place back home with me. My giant curry mango salad was so good!
After relaxing back at the resort and hitting the beach for a walk we ended up back in Amagansett for dinner at Wölffer Kitchen. They were so accommodating of our large group and the food was truly superb! I highly recommend!
Here are some more beach shots… it is so beautiful out there. Also, my lovely group of girls. I could not be more fortunate to have them all in my life.
It was such a lovely quiet weekend filled with rest and a lot of laughter. Can’t ask for much more than that!
Oh! And what I packed! That is important too right? Okay, so this isn’t EVERYTHING I packed, but my favorite pieces. I know it is all black, but it goes with everything! And of course my Dyson Hairdryer made the trip… even my roommate tried it and loved it! It is the best!
- Black J Brand Jeans – I have searched high and low for the perfect pair of black jeans (are they harder to find than white jeans???) and these seem to fit the bill! They are their “Photo Ready” line which I love!
- MZ Wallace Metro Large Tote – Best multi-use bag! It can be stuffed with so much stuff but also doubles as a good day tote!
- The Wet Brush – Okay, so I did not bring this on the trip because I did not own it… I used my roommates and now I own it! I have been a comb girl forever because my curly hair gets so tangled- this brush is a miracle!
- J.Crew Leather Jacket – This isn’t the exact one I have because mine is a few seasons old, but it is such a good jacket! Looks perfect with jeans or a dress!
- Alo Leggings – By far my favorite brand for leggings. These have a fun sheen to them and make you look (and feel!) awesome!
- Adidas Sneakers – I just got these before the trip. They have the perfect amount of ankle and heel support, I love them!
- Vince Silk Top – If I could just fill my closet with Vince tops (and sweaters) I would. Always flattering and current. You can’t go wrong.
- Eileen Fisher Clogs – Okay, so these throw me back to the 90’s a bit but I am okay with it. These are SO comfortable! And they look good with any pant leg or even a dress!
- Karine Sultan Necklace – everyone needs a gold statement necklace. It will elevate any outfit… especially an all black outfit!
- Athleta NOPA Shirt – This shirt is tunic length with great button detail up the sides and sleeves. Since it is Athleta it wears really well too!
- Athleta Foothills Long Sleeve – This is my favorite work out long sleeve- just so flattering.
- Vince Sneakers – These are updated version of the slip-ons I live in! Comfortable, supportive and cute!