So this is not the fanciest recipe… or the prettiest. But it is super delicious, super fast and super easy. Hard not to love a family friendly recipe that has those attributes! And, it’s five ingredients, FIVE!!! And we all know how much I love the Instant Pot! Read my review here if you haven’t already!
We enjoy ours with taco toppings and tortilla chips!
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 16 oz jar of salsa (I love this one)
- 1 Bottle of beer (I used gluten free Red Bridge)
- 2 Teaspoons Adobo seasoning (I LOVE Primal Palate which you can buy here)
- Place rinsed pinto beans in the bottom of your Instant Pot insert.
- Lay the chicken on top of beans and sprinkle with the Adobo seasoning.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken and then the beer on top of that. (I add the beer to the empty salsa jar to get any remaining salsa out.)
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and turn the valve to “seal”. Press “manual” and set to cook for 12 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is up, manually release the valve. (I put a dish towel over the valve so the steam does not spray everywhere!)
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and place in large bowl to cool a bit. Switch Instant Pot to sauté and let the beans reduce for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken in the bowl with two forks.
- Once the beans have reduced, add the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings. Ours are cheddar, tomatoes, avocado, scallions, cilantro, sour cream and chips! Enjoy!,
I also sautéed up some sliced zucchini with the Adobe seasoning and added that on top too- delicious!