Chicken Taco Chili in the Instant Pot
So this is not the fanciest recipe… or the prettiest. But it is super delicious, super fast and super easy. Hard not to love a family friendly recipe that has those attributes! And, it’s five ingredients, FIVE!!! And we all know how much I love the Instant Pot! Read my review here if you haven’t already!
We enjoy ours with taco toppings and tortilla chips!
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 16 oz jar of salsa (I love this one)
- 1 Bottle of beer (I used gluten free Red Bridge)
- 2 Teaspoons Adobo seasoning (I LOVE Primal Palate which you can buy here)
- Place rinsed pinto beans in the bottom of your Instant Pot insert.
- Lay the chicken on top of beans and sprinkle with the Adobo seasoning.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken and then the beer on top of that. (I add the beer to the empty salsa jar to get any remaining salsa out.)
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and turn the valve to “seal”. Press “manual” and set to cook for 12 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is up, manually release the valve. (I put a dish towel over the valve so the steam does not spray everywhere!)
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and place in large bowl to cool a bit. Switch Instant Pot to sauté and let the beans reduce for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken in the bowl with two forks.
- Once the beans have reduced, add the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings. Ours are cheddar, tomatoes, avocado, scallions, cilantro, sour cream and chips! Enjoy!,
I also sautéed up some sliced zucchini with the Adobe seasoning and added that on top too- delicious!