Another whirlwind of a month for us! One’s filled with school breaks and holidays always are. We are ALMOST to the finish line in our moving adventure… well to get us in to the house, then a whole other project begins! But our new house tops the list for my April Favorites! More (much more) on this later!
Find my most favorites from this month below!
- Our New House! – Title photo is our new family room! Light filled with a gorgeous view of a backyard I can not believe is mine! We are doing some quick cosmetic work before we move in… then a larger renovation/addition! Stay tuned….
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen – Another page turner from this duo! Took me a while to see the plot twist in this one, I love that!
- Lightweight Sweatshirt – Picked this up during the Shopbop Sale… not my usual color but I am really liking it for Spring… now to see if it comes in other colors because it is SO comfortable and looks pretty pulled together with leggings, jeans or shorts!
- Sundress – Another Shopbop sale find. I was drawn to this sundress because of the fun neckline. My mom and I use to hunt for vintage handkerchiefs went I was little (they made extra cool doll blankets). We always sought out the most pretty patterns and colors; the fringe detail at the top looks like vintage handkerchiefs to me! So excited for this dress in the scorching heat of Summer!
- Cruel Summer (Hulu) – Teen drama set in the 90’s. It flips back and forth between the same day one and two years apart. I can not wait to see what happens
- Mare of Easttown (HBO) – New Kate Winslet drama… need I say more?
- Your Honor (Showtime) – I had heard a lot of buzz about this one, but we didn’t want to add yet another subscription to our service… then apple TV offered a free month trail and we dove in. OH MY GOODNESS… this show is intense. Entirely nerve-wracking and deliciously suspenseful. The first episode if particularly brutal, but stick with it, it eases up!
- Mascara – It’s about time to start wearing mascara again… my friend raved about this one so I bought it. I wish I had done so sooner. Goes on like a dream and washes off so easily!
- O California Roasted Garlic Olive Oil – This stuff is amazing… a little bit drizzled on fresh steamed vegetables, grilled fish, pasta or mixed with lemon juice for greens… unreal!
- New Sneakers – Went back to my old favorites. Love the white and black knit!
- Chantilly Lace – In our current house all the “white walls” are Benjamin Moore White Dove and I love it… perfect soft white. Imagine my surprise (and utter disappointment) when I tried a sample in our new house and the color read entirely yellow, creamy white…. exactly what I did not want. So I went on the hunt and landed on this white… cool and crisp but still somehow warm!
- Landscape – This is kind of random…. but, I have a electrical plate in the middle of the wall of a new bathroom that I want to cover. I didn’t want to go high end on art in what will be a steamy bathroom. When my mom sent me this because it was pretty I gasped! It looks so much like an artist I have loved for years… and it comes on canvas that is super easy to pop over that electrical plate! And the price tag!
- Ruffle Sleeve Top – I posted myself in this top this week and got lots of inquiries for it! I wear it on repeat once the weather warms up! Mine is last year’s colorway, but I am loving the green they have this season…
- AirPods – I know these have made the Favorite’s list before… but I would be lost with out these this month. All the phone calls around the move/project, the tunes while packing and the podcasts (and talking to my mom) while walking to keep me sane!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!