I get asked all the time; “What was that book you posted about?” so I put all my favorites into one handy dandy page on here: AMH Bookshelf. But… I have not updated it in a little bit, so let’s review all my favorite reads from 2020, cookbooks included!
- Something in the Water: A Novel by Catherine Steadman – I raced through this one!
- The Child by Fiona Barton – I really like Fiona Barton’s books! This one was just as good as her other ones!
- Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid – This was a book club book and I LOVED it. Super fast read and interesting commentary on race today. Don’t miss it!
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins – Another book club book… excellent!
- Open Book: A Memoir by Jessica Simpson – A friend recommended this so I downloaded it on Audible to listen to while I walked and I am surprised! She is really quite layered and interesting!
- Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson – The latest Peter Swanson book. I have loved every single one. They are definitely dark, but I read this one in two days!
- An Anonymous Girl by
- The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda – I read this in two days. Set in a Summer beach town, you will wonder whodunit until the end!
- Still Lives: A Novel by Maria Hummel – Yet another page turner with a mysterious twist. Having it set in the art world is a bonus!
- The Last Time I Saw You by Liv Constantine – I met the fabulous sisters behind Liv Constantine, they are so great and I love their collaborative writing process! This was good!
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager– I did not figure this out until the end!
- The Boy From The Woods by Harlan Coben – My brother and I always loved Harlan Coben books – his latest does not disappoint. A fast paced read always with some sarcasm peppered in.
- Long Bright River by Liz Moore – I will admit, this one took me a little longer to get in to… it started a little slow. But stick with it, I stayed up well past midnight to finish this one!
- Half Sister by Sadie Jones – Twisty… always a favorite for a beach read.
- You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen – Loved this, couldn’t wait to find out how this one ended. AND I didn’t guess the ending!
- First Mistake by Sandie Jones – Twisty! Just when you think you have this one figured out…
- One by One by Ruth Ware – The latest by one of my favorite authors, she is the Queen of Suspense! I read this one in 3 days!
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager – His latest book… another one I read in 3 days… okay this one was 2 days. Spooky haunted house was perfect for October!
- Final Girls by Riley Sager – I have been on a Riley Sager kick and tearing through his books. This was quite different than the others but still delivered the punch at the end!
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley – This book was as good as the hype!
- The End Of Her by Shari Lapena – Total page turner… 48 hours and done.
- Goodnight Beautiful by Aimée Malloy – And yet another page turner… this one took me a little longer, 72 hours. Think I have a type of book??
- Fiber Fueled: The Plant-Based Gut Health Program for Losing Weight, Restoring Your Health, and Optimizing Your Microbiome by
- The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything by Clea Shearer & Joanna Teplin – Who doesn’t love these girls? They always provide an instant boost of inspiration to “get it together”!
- Mercy Watson Box Set – These are up there with all time favorites in our house. My youngest is just getting into chapter books and I have had the best time reading these with him!
- Together by Heather Benson Stricker – Okay, this one is special! The author, Heather, is an incredible Super Mom (she has 6 kids!) who lives in my town. She wrote an adorable children’s book about what truly makes the holidays special!
- Mysterious Benedict Society Box Set – These are my son’s favorite books!
- The Defined Dish by
- Just The Good Stuff – Rachl Mansfield Cookbook – Feeding my cookbook obsession! Some excellent ideas and Rachl is so fun and honest!
- The Honeysuckle Cookbook by Dzung Lewis – I was fortunate enough to get an advanced copy of this mouthwatering cookbook (thank you!!!) and I can not wait to cook my way through it! The chia puddings… chai tea… salads and noodles… I want to make it all!
- Modern Comfort Food by Ina Garten – Again, the Barefoot Contessa can do no wrong. Her latest cookbook is fantastic.
- Kids In The Kitchen by Melissa Clark – Melissa Clark is one of my favorite recipe writers… everything turns out magically. I was so excited to get her new book for kids. We promptly read it and picked out recipes to make as a family!
- Food You want For The Life You Crave by Nealy Fischer – I actually picked this cookbook up a while ago and have just recently turned to it for something new. The recipes are easy, delicious and pretty darn healthy. My family LOVED the Grainless Banana Pancakes.
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them, or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!