I have the perfect holiday treat for you! I have recreated my favorite cocktail syrup at home (If you don’t feel like making this you can buy it here) and it’s so easy! This is great for a cocktail or just to spice up some seltzer water. Fun item to bottle up and give as a gift as well! Bonus; it is refined sugar free!
Cardamom Lime Syrup
- 1 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup water
- 5 Thick slices of fresh ginger root.
- 1 Sprig rosemary
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon cardamom pods
- 1 Tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon whole allspice pods
- 3 Star anise
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flake
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat saucepan over low heat; stirring to dissolve honey.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer, allowing it to thicken slightly, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- With a strainer over a glass jar pour contents of a saucepan into jar removing solids.
- Store in refrigerator!
We love an ounce or two of this added to your favorite liquor with seltzer and extra squeeze of lime. Leave the liquor out all together and enjoy with seltzer!