Roasted pineapple. Another inspiration from our quick trip into NYC. We did have one meh meal at a place that shall remain nameless, but the silver lining (besides providing us with a laugh) is that it turned us onto the idea of roasted pineapple. It is addictive, you have been warned.
Serve this over ice cream, yogurt, pound cake, oatmeal, pancakes, grilled chicken, pork tenderloin or even fish! Or you can just eat it straight off the pan out of the oven. You get the picture, this can go on anything!
Oven Roasted Pineapple with Cinnamon
- 1 Whole pineapple cored and cut into cubes
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scatter cut pineapple on baking sheet. Drizzle the coconut oil and maple syrup over pineapple. Then add the coconut sugar, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
- Toss to combine all ingredients on baking sheet.
- Place in oven. Check after 10 minutes and flip each piece of pineapple to get maximum caramelization.
- It is ready to come out of oven when all the “sauce” has coated the pineapple and the pineapple pieces are golden brown. About 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Try not to eat the whole pan!