So here we go, inaugural blog post! This recipe is totally worthy of being the very first one!
This is my absolute favorite granola. No refined sugar, no nuts & no dried fruit. I think it is even considered Paleo! I love it on yogurt in the morning with some fresh fruit. Truth be told I think you could even use it as an ice cream topping… Dinner Party sundae bar anyone?
Make sure to sign up to receive posts via email (over there to the right)!
Let me know what you think!
GLUTEN FREE COCONUT GRANOLA (aka Cracklin’)
1 CUP GLUTEN FREE OAT FLOUR (I make my own in the food processor-see below)
1 ½ CUPS WHOLE GLUTEN FREE OATS (Trader Joe’s has them, as does Bob’s Red Mill)
½ CUP COCONUT SUGAR (Also Trader Joe’s)
¾ CUP UNSWEETENED COCONUT FLAKE (Also Trader Joe’s)
½ CUP GROUND FLAX SEEDS (Bob’s Red Mill are Certified Gluten Free)
1 TABLESPOON CINNAMON
½ TEASPOON SEA SALT
½ TEASPOON BAKING SODA
PINCH OF PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
1/3 CUP OF MELTED COCONUT OIL
1/3 CUP OF PURE GRADE A MAPLE SYRUP (again I used Trader Joe’s)
1 HEAPING TABLESPOON MOLASSES
1 TEASPOON OF VANILLA
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grind ONE CUP OATS in food processor to make the fine oat flour it will be a powder).
- To the oat flour add WHOLE OATS, COCONUT SUGAR, COCONUT FLAKE, GROUND FLAX SEEDS, CINNAMON, SALT, BAKING SODA & PUMPKIN PIE SPICE. Pulse food processor half a dozen times until combined.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl (I melt my coconut oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in microwave) combine COCONUT OIL, MAPLE SYRUP, MOLASSES & VANILLA.
- Pour combined liquid ingredients into dry ingredients in food processor bowl. Pulse until mixture is just combined and no longer dry, you do not want to over process it.
- Turn out mixture and spread into an even layer on to the prepared parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten out with hand until even.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes; it will be a very light golden brown.
- Allow to cool before breaking into pieces (big or small, all good!). Store in air tight container. It has never lasted longer than a week in our house!