I’ve always been curious about a Wardrobe Capsule, would I get tired of the clothing? Would I wear the same thing every day?
That said, I love packing for a vacation and having every piece work together for efficient packing.
Turns out I did a trial run without even planning on it. We took off for the beach in the beginning of December to celebrate the holidays… our kids are remote for school so we ended up staying a bit longer! I obviously didn’t take my whole Winter wardrobe for what was supposed to be a few weeks and I ended up loving what I had… and maybe ordering another pair of my favorites. I didn’t actually repeat my ensemble every day, but I did see where I have holes. For example… I need more tee shirts and perhaps another pair of jeans (I know!) but I am covered on sweaters!
Below find what I packed and kept me feeling “put together” and not in a pandemic fashion hole for two months!
- Skinny Jeans – Perfect skinny jeans for tucking in to boots (or wearing with slippers) and they are so comfortable its “almost” like wearing sweatpants.
- Cozy Cardigan – I featured this in my December Favorites…. I am obsessed and wear it with everything. Jeans, sweatpants, yoga leggings… and it is the softest cashmere!
- Cotton Turtlenecks – Super simple base layer in multiple colors, good under crewnecks and that V-neck cardigan.
- Camel V-Neck Sweater – I went up a size for a slouchier fit, excellent with leggings and jeans.
- Plain T-Shirt – This is the one that I have decided I need to order more of ASAP!
- Cream Pullover Sweater – Cozy and slouchy… it seems to be a theme here.
- Black Wool Leggings – So warm with a little more structure than an athletic leggings. Paired with a sweater I definitely feel pulled together while still being so comfortable.
- Black Turtleneck Wool Sweater – I LOVE this sweater. Another one featured in December Favorites. Its boxy and just the right length.
- Black Wide Leg Sweatpants – Sweatpants were a must. These wideleg ones are my favorite. With any of the sweaters they almost look like they aren’t sweat pants…
- Leggings – I definitely brought these in two colors (gravel and navy) and then I bought them in black last week… they are THAT good.
- Turtleneck Sweatshirt – I LIVE in this sweatshirt.
- Oversized Black Hoodie Sweatshirt – Sherpa and oversized. Is there anything better for winter?
- Performance Long Sleeve – Great layer for the thousands of walks that were taken!
- Work Out Tee – This is my favorite tee for yoga, barre, pilates, etc etc… I have both the white and the black! Don’t forget a tank too.
- Clog Boots – You all know how I feel about clog boots… I adore them and wear them probably every day! I dig the lug sole on these, if that is not your favorite they have a more traditional clog base too!
- Combat Boots – These were a big trend this Fall, excellent weather proof boots that look great with jeans tucked in (or with dresses… for when I wear those again some day…)
- Slippers – Since we don’t go many places these are essential- ha!
- Sneakers – Workouts, walks and laser tag.
- Down Coat – I only brought one coat! (I love coats and changing them up…) I have had this for years. It is weather proof and so so warm. L.L. Bean does it best!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through these links. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you! All items on here are things that we own, love and use almost daily if not multiple times a day! Feel free to contact me with questions on any of the items!