Oh overnight oats, you are so miraculous in the morning!
I am always lazy about putting them together the night before but so grateful that I have done it when I am rushed the next day! Normally I will do a little assembly line of these and make them for everyone for a few days. Such an easy breakfast!
I have tried lots of variations of overnight oats and I love the extra nutritional boost from the flax and chia here. I’ve made these dairy free but feel free to use your favorite milk here!
- 1/2 cup rolled gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon real maple syrup depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon flaxseed meal
- Splash of real vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Dash of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon hemp seed to top (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh berries to top (optional)
- Teaspoon nut butter to top (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients in the base of mason jar or any jar with a lid.
- Pour in almond milk, maple syrup and splash of vanilla.
- Mix very well and cover.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- Top with hemp seeds, berries & nut butter as desired! (Sometimes I transfer to a bigger bowl!)