As always, August was a fast paced blur… but the days always seem so long. Here are my favorites from August… lots of reading and binge watching!
- The Boy From The Woods by Harlan Coben – My brother and I always loved Harlan Coben books – his latest does not disappoint. A fast paced page turner always with some sarcasm peppered in.
- R+ F Pore Cleaner – Okay, I miss facials. I didn’t get them a lot… 3 to 4 times a year. About once a season to really reset my skin… my face misses them too! So, I took a flier and tried this device. I am super impressed! I use it once a week and my skin looks and feels clearer, no long congested with Summer (thick sunscreen, salt, sweat etc)! I highly recommend if you too miss facials!
- Ted Lasso on Apple TV – Light and funny, just what you need in a Summer show. Jason Sudeikis is hilarious as usual.
- Athleta Shorts – I had bought a pair of these a few years back and live in them… time for a little camo version.
- J.Crew Dress – I am obsessed with this print! So fun and cheerful… and it works now and also into fall with a jean jacket and sneakers!
- The Sleepover on Netflix – If you are need of a kid’s movie this is a good one!
- BuDhaGirl Bangles – I have definitely featured these before… but they really are a favorite! Especially in the Summer! All weather bangles go from the beach to out to cocktails!
- Mott & Bow Tee – I received this a gift (Thank you, Mott & Bow!) and I love it! It is the perfect boxy tee, great with shorts, high waist leggings (below!) or easily paired with a long skirt as you are headed out to an outdoor dinner…
- Hoka One One Sneakers – Okay… these are BIG sneakers… the word orthopedics comes to mind, but they are SO comfortable. Have made such a difference for aches and pains! Matt has them too!
- Last Chance U on Netflix – We are a little late to this one, but it is so good. A docudrama were “Elite athletes with difficult pasts turn to junior college football for a last shot at turning their lives around and achieving their dreams.” Think Friday Night Lights but real and gritty.
- Alo Leggings – I love the color of these leggings! So flattering. I got them locally at my favorite Barre Coast!
- L’Oréal Hair Mask – By the end of the Summer my hair always feels a bit… destroyed. Sun, salt & water do a number on it every year. My stylist recommended this and it’s awesome! My hair feels so much softer and healthier!
- Long Bright River by Liz Moore – I will admit, this one took me a little longer to get in to… it started a little slow. But stick with it, I stayed up well past midnight to finish this one!
- Half Sister by Sadie Jones – Twisty page turner… always a favorite for a beach read.
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through these links. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you! All items on here are things that we own, love and use almost daily if not multiple times a day! Feel free to contact me with questions on any of the items!