Okay… who is with me on the hunger… all… day… long? I mean it must be boredom? Stress? Right? Any which way… I keep eating chocolate chips… by the handful. But what I really wanted was cookie dough. And perhaps it would be nice if it had some redeeming qualities like healthy fats… I knew I could cobble together some kind of grain free treat with the remainder of my bag of almond flour… this frozen “cookie dough” hits the spot! Make them small so it’s just enough sweet, and don’t skip the extra tablespoon of coconut sugar at the end, it gives it that small crunch that real cookie dough has!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar, separated (or brown sugar if that’s all you’ve got!)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
1. Whisk together in a bowl the almond & coconut flour. Add in the 3 tablespoons of the sugar & the salt and whisk again.
2. Pour in the vanilla extract and melted coconut oil and mix, this time with a rubber spatula. Once incorporated add in water by the tablespoon until it resembles cookie dough. You do not need to add all 3 tablespoons.
3. Mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Place dough in the fridge to set up for 15-30 minutes. Remove and stir in the remaining tablespoon of sugar with a rubber spatula.
5. On a parchment lined cookie sheet place rounded teaspoons of dough. Once finished scooping, roll the dough in your hands to make perfect balls.
6. Pop cookie sheet in freezer until they are firm. Then place all “cookie dough” into a freezer safe container and store in freezer!
7. Enjoy them!