Thanksgiving has always been a favorite holiday in my family.
This year we will be having a very low key family filled Thanksgiving and remembering what we are grateful for in this life. I am sure I will be wearing something comfortable and casual… but dressing up is fun too! It is only two weeks away so here are some ideas of what to wear when gathering for the holiday.
The mixing of textures and fabrics is the key for these outfits. Velvet is so hot right now and give me a chunky knit any day! I also have a handful of friends heading to warmer climates for the holiday so check out the final look if you are lucky enough to be in warmer temps!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them, or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!
Click on name of item to shop!
- Joie Skinny Park Jean – So comfortable and a nice switch of from jeans. You will wear these on repeat.
- Vince Cable Knit Tunic – I am a sucker for a Vince cream sweater… I have a few and constantly rotate.
- No. 6 Keats Kiltie High Heel Clogs – No. 6’s are on my wishlist… how cute are these?
- J Crew Slim Perfect Long Sleeve Tee – Perfect basic tee for under a cozy sweater.
- Kate Spade Sailors Knot Bangle – Delicate & pretty, it still works well with the edgier shark tooth necklace.
- Reliquia Shark’s Tooth Necklace – Perfect amount of shine to dress up the outfit.
- Free People Freemont Fringe Scarf – Plaid scarf… because it’s Thanksgiving!
Relaxed Glam (is that a thing?)
- AG Moto Velvet Pants – I bought these last year and lived in them. Slightly dressier since they are velvet but the moto style zippers add a nice edge.
- Joie Alicia Tank – This is my favorite top ever. I have it in three colors… it goes under everything and is a great stand alone in the summer.
- RtA Cardigan – I love the blue/black combination here. The wrap waist is so flattering!
- Botiker Western Booties – These are just fun!
Deepa Gurnani Sanahx Earrings – Dresses it up a bit more!
- Alexis Bittar Stacking Rings – A little extra bling just because.
Dress it up!
- Rebecca Taylor Cheetah Dress – I am embracing wearing dresses more and more, it is just so easy. This one is perfect for November with the longer sleeves!
- J Crew Velvet Flats – These are a STEAL. On major sale and oh so cute paired with black pants or distressed jeans too!
- Club Monaco Keila Cardigan – This cashmere cardigan is on the pricey side but would look so good with this dress! You could also pair with this J Crew Cardigan for a cute look and a lower price tag!
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Earrings – Click through to see these on the model… major.
- Commando Tights – Best tights I own!
- Alexis Bittar Folded Knot Ring – Perfect statement ring and I love how it echoes the shoes!
Warmer Climate Thanksgiving
- Poupette St. Barth Clara Ruffled Mini Dress – I love this dress and may need to get it for Spring Break/Summer!
- Gap Icon Denim Jacket – Called the icon for a reason! Roll the sleeves up a bit and you are good to go!
- Joie Sandals – So cute and on sale!
- Dinosaur Designs Long Band Bangle – The color of this bangle is so perfect and looks like rough surf!
- Alexis Bittar Necklace – I must be in to shark teeth currently… It’s called the “Badge” necklace but I think it looks like a shark tooth!
- Nordstrom Cashmere & Silk Scarf – Just in case it gets a little chilly!