Thanksgiving is a little over two weeks away! Do you know what you are wearing? I don’t! We are headed to my in-laws this year and despite my propensity to over plan and pack (way) ahead I can barely wrap my head around Thanksgiving being in 2 weeks! I love dressing up a bit for the holiday. We always used to when I was little and it seems like putting on your best clothes honors what a special day it is. Gathering with friends and family, taking a breath and taking note of how much you have to be grateful and thankful for.
So here are some ideas of what to wear for Thanksgiving for any range of Thanksgiving celebrations!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!
Maybe you and yours really like to keep it low key while gathered around the table and the screen for Football; this is the perfect outfit.
- J. Crew Flannel Shirt – Cozy and a little more polished than a traditional button down!
- L.L.Bean Lambswool Cardigan – From their Signature collection, love the old school pattern!
- Tretorn Boots– How cute are these?
- Citizen of Humanity Skinny Jean – Perfect clean jean.
- Madewell Layered Necklace – Just a little bit of understated shine to contract the flannel and chunky knit.
- J.Crew Pom Pom Hat – Warm hat at the ready for those after feast walks!
Slightly Dressed Up
A little bit elevated Thanksgiving at home look. Dressing it up a bit because you can… this is probably along the lines of what I will end up wearing!
- Bailey 44 Wide Leg Pants – Wide leg pants are making a come back & I am in to it!
- Demylee X J.Crew Sweater – Love the short little puff sleeve on this and obviously that it’s leopard. (For more Leopard see this post!)
- Kate Spade Bracelet – This bracelet reminds me very much of one I have that was my grandmothers. Total classic.
- Steve Madden Suede Mules – Excellent height to make your legs look a mile long in the wide leg pants, but stacked heel to make them comfortable!
- J.Crew Necklace – Add some colorful sparkle.
- J.Crew Oversized Cashmere Wrap – A little something in case it gets chilly! This travel wrap is a great staple.
Stepping it up a notch to go out for a fabulous Thanksgiving meal… you can get as dressy as you want because you won’t be doing the cooking or the cleaning after!
- Rebecca Taylor Dress – Acutally very similar to the one I posted for Thanksgiving last year! Such a cute silhouette.
- Splendid Over The Knee Boot – I just got these and they are FABULOUS.
- Kenneth Jay Lane Hoops – These pretty embellished hoops would look great with the dress and are on sale!
- J.Crew Classic Cocoon Coat – Classic coat in a pretty fresh shade.
- Rebecca Minkoff Leo Clutch – I have this clutch in a different color (glitter!) and it’s great, fits just enough and slips very easy under your arm.
- Isabel Marant Horn Necklace – Love a long necklace over a high neck top.
Perhaps you are lucky enough to be jetting to warmer weather (or already live there!) for the holiday; here is the perfect outfit!
- Poupette St. Barth Maxi Dress – Love the navy pattern of this dress! Buy now and then you are ready for Spring Break too!
- Jack Rogers Sandals – Jack Rogers are my favorite. So comfortable and versatile.
- Zimmerman Necklace – Embracing the vacation vibes with this coral like necklace.
- Alexis Bittar Bangle – I have collected stacks of these bangles over the years, they are my favorite for travel. Light weight, easy to slip in your carry on and bright enough that they always perk up and outfit.
- Quay Sunglasses – For your sunny Thanksgiving!
- Nordstrom Tissue Scarf – For when the sun goes down.
Where will you be for Thanksgiving and what are you wearing?