Yesterday was our last day of school, so while not the official first day of Summer, it certainly feels like Summer has started! This is a perfect light refreshing cocktail to embrace these Summer nights. Feel free to use your liquor of choice here. I used tequila. (obviously… I always use Tequila!)
The Summer Starter
- Juice of two limes
- 1 Cup tequila (or vodka or rum)
- 1 Cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves plus a few extra leaves for garnish
- Topo Chico or club soda
- Combine mint leaves and lime juice in the bottom of a cocktail shaker/mason jar/pitcher. Muddle the mint leaves with a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add in pineapple juice and tequila. Mix/Shake well.
- Add ice to your favorite 4 glasses. Strain mixed drink into glasses, top with the Topo Chico or club soda and garnish with a few torn mint leaves. Enjoy!