First let me say, there is no peach anything in this cocktail but I’m naming it after the darling girl that turned me on to this drink.
Sometimes you just need a good cocktail. My new thing seems to be making a cocktail on a Saturday night or enjoying one out on the town… wine doesn’t seem to be my jam anymore.
I have tweaked it a bit from the original recipe that she shared to suit my taste. Feel free to play around with it too- the original called for spicy tequila and I’m sure that would be fantastic too.
The Darien Peach
- 1/2 cup good resposado or blanco tequila (or an anjeo mezcal, which Matt prefers)
- 1/2 cup Aperol
- 1/2 cup lemon & lime juice combined (or all of one citrus if that’s all you have!)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chambord
- Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice or a pitcher that you can stick in the fridge. (without ice in pitcher)
- If using cocktail shaker, shake vigorously to combine. If using pitcher, stir together and set in fridge to chill.
- Fill a low ball glass with ice and pour mixed drink over ice. Enjoy!