Remember those seriously easy peanut butter cookies that only had three ingredients? Well why can’t they be cashew butter? And while we are at it let’s make them paleo with coconut sugar instead!
I started with Smitten Kitchen’s recipe for Salted Peanut Butter Cookies and made some simple swaps. Super easy, low maintenance recipe, but I recommend using a mixer because nut butter can be hard to stir!
Cashew Butter Cookies
- 1 Entire 16 oz jar of natural cashew butter (I like Trader Joe’s)
- 1 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (you can use brown sugar here if you aren’t Paleo)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt for tops of cookies (if desired!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a hand mixer with a large bowl), add your eggs and sugar and mix until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Add in entire jar of cashew butter, scraping the sides with a spatula. Mix into sugar/eggs until all one color.
- Pop the whole bowl into the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make it easier to scoop and allow the cookies to maintain their shape.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove bowl from freezer and stir the dough. Then scoop our large rounds of dough. I use a ice cream scoop and it’s about 1/4 cup each. Place on cookie sheet. Once all 12 cookies are placed sprinkle with a little bit of flaky sea salt if desired (it is good… try it!).
- Place entire cookie sheet back in the freezer for 15 minutes to keep the mounded shape when baking. Alternatively pop them in the oven if you don’t care if they flatten a bit! You could also freeze these entirely and store in freezer Ziploc until ready to bake!
- Bake for 18-22 minutes for large cookies, until the edges are just golden. Adjust time if using a smaller scoop.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before removing from pan and allow to cool and set entirely before eating!
- Enjoy! I stored these in an air tight container in the fridge… with only 12 cookies they didn’t last in my house more than a few days!