I was thrilled when Everwell asked me to share my Summer Favorite Things for part of their Fill Your Beach Bag! Series! This list is the essentials, it is everything you could need for your beach bag, even the beach bag!
- The Beach Bag – Best bag, large enough to fit in everything from snacks to towels to water bottles but not so large that you can’t carry it. It is waterproof and even has grommets in the bottom to shake out sand! It’s the best one I have used! I have and LOVE the orange version that I got at Food52.
- The Swimsuit – Gingham is SO in right now! Love the bandeau option and I ordered this v-neck! Not gingham, but if you want more of a splurge this is my favorite swimsuit company and I am eyeing this color-block fabulousness!
- The Sunhat – My ultimate favorite is this wide brimmed classic, I feel so chic in it.
- The Hair Accessory – Yes, the scrunchie is back in style… my 90’s self is gleefully happy. This microfiber one is perfect for the beach or the pool because you can twist your wet hair up with this and it will gently dry your hair and cut down on frizz!
- The Water Bottle – These bottles always keep your drinks COLD. Just what you need on a scorcher of a day!
- The Sunglasses – I have a sunglass obsession, I can’t stop buying pairs. I basically never leave home with out them… even in the dead of Winter! These are my current favorites, but there are so many options for GOOD eye protection at Maui Jim! It is the only brand I wear now!
- The Cover-Up – I have this one in several colors… it’s easy, loose and instantly makes you put together just off the beach or the pool. It can double as a top over white jeans too! Another wallet friendly option here… I have a few from years past!
- The Float – Pool, ocean, or lake; sometimes you just need to float in the water to achieve maximum relaxation.
- The Containers – Pack a snack, pack a lunch, or pack that picnic dinner! These are awesome to bring food on the go. Another option I have had on my wish list…
- The Waterproof Case – Maybe not the most fun accessory but totally essential! You need a place to keep you phone (and wallet!) in a dry place!
- The Towel – Bright, cheery and soft! Everything you want in a beach towel. The fringe is an added bonus! I also love a Turkish Towel which very easily doubles as a sarong.
- The Sunshirt – I love this wrap when I need to get out of the sun (and can’t get out of the sun!), 50+ sun protection, the best! Doubles as little extra warmth when we are on the beach when the sun goes down!
- The White Tee – Sometimes you just need on in your bag to throw on over you suit… wrap you Turkish towel around your waist and off you go! I love this one because it still looks new after several years!
- The Sandals – I got hooked on these slides last Summer. They are so comfortable and so easy! They rinse out and dry in no time!
- The Sunscreen – I swear by Supergoop! – no burns for us! I particularly like this one for the face. Not greasy and no break-outs.
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!