Oh August you were glorious! A lot of reading, was really trying to max out relaxation! Some interesting new TV shows and some new pieces to add to my Fall transition closet… but have already been wearing and loving!
1 . Navy Leggings – I have been trying to weed out old work out clothing… you forget that it’s something that takes a lot of wear and tear! These are my favorite leggings for yoga, pilates and barre and I was thrilled to find navy!
2. Navy Yoga Top – If you’re going to get the leggings you might as well get the top… anyone else remember the saying about the “column of color”?
3. The Last Flight by Julie Clark – I finished this book in two days… do I need to say anything else? It was SO good! Excellent page turner mystery!
4. Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – Taylor’s latest book… I just adore her writing. I loved Daisy Jones & The Six and this next novel does not disappoint! Her character development is unparalleled!
5. The Chair (Netflix) – A new show to binge! Sandra Oh as a department head of a University, quirky and so far entertaining!
6. The White Lotus (HBO Max) – This is an odd one… we are 3 episodes in and it makes you uncomfortable while watching but yet I still want to find out what happens! Also, Jennifer Coolidge is amazing and the music in this show is so perfect, makes the show!
7. Navy Blazer – I am so jazzed about this blazer I can’t even tell you! I think it is because I wore a blue blazer with gold buttons all through elementary school and even in boarding school… nostalgia? Perhaps, but it is also SO flattering and looks just as chic with cut-offs and a long linen maxi! Bonus, you can zip in dickeys for a layered look. I will be wearing this everywhere this Fall. Obsessed!
8. The Hills New Beginnings (MTV) – Okay, this is a guilty pleasure but who else watched this way back when? It so ridiculous it’s good!
9. Survive The Night by Riley Sager – I always like Riley Sager’s books, page turners to the max!
10. Such A Quiet Place by Megan Miranda – Another one that I finished very quickly! Kept you on your toes all the way to the end!
11. Printed Midi Dress – Easy cotton dress, perfect for the final hot days of Summer but Fall ready with a cardigan!
12. Denim Skirt – I tried this on on a whim and I was so surprised how much I love it! Dress it up or down, forget jeans, I am wearing this skirt all Fall!
13. Graphic Tee – A cheeky tee that is outrageously comfortable!
14. Paint – Last but certainly not least acrylic paint! My favored medium was always oils, but it feels awesome to pick up a brush again and acrylics are easier to allow my kids to join! It was my favorite activity this month!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through an affiliate link. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you, thank you! All items linked are because we own, love and use them; or think they are of value to our readers (basically, we think they are pretty cool and want them ourselves!). Please let us know you have any questions about any products featured!