Okay, here is my version of the viral Roasted Tomato & Feta dish. Yes, you can serve it over pasta, which I did. But you can also think outside the box and serve it up with crackers, slathered on bread, or what I have on tap soon… tuck raw shrimp into those boiling tomatoes for the last stretch of oven time and serve up over rice!
I just took the basic recipe that is rampant on the internet and tweaked it ever so to pack a more flavorful punch!
- 8 Ounce block of feta cheese (not crumbled)
- 4 Cups cherry tomatoes (whole)
- 3 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 Large shallot thinly sliced (You can use red onion here too!)
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano (If using fresh double!) plus a pinch
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ground black pepper plus a pinch
- One pinch of salt (the feta is quite salty on it’s own!)
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- One box of your favorite pasta cooked per instructions (Or skip for crackers or bread!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place your washed cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, sliced shallot and chopped garlic in the bottom of a roasting pan/ceramic baker. Sprinkle on oregano, black pepper and salt. Drizzle over your 1/4 cup of olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Place your block of feta on top of the tomato mixture. Drizzle with a little more olive oil. Top with the zest of one lemon (I use a microplane) and another shake of black pepper and oregano.
- Pour the juice of the lemon evenly over the tomatoes.
- Pop into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. It should be bubbly and the feta should be golden.
- Remove from oven. At this point you can either break the cheese apart with a wooden spoon and stir into the tomatoes, then topping with your hot cooked pasta. Stir again. OR, you could serve this on a wooden board with fresh bread or crackers!
Really, the possibilities are endless with the add-in’s here. Super EASY and fun week night dinner!
Please note: A Modern Housewife LLC has affiliate relationships with multiple brands. A Modern Housewife LLC will earn a small commission on any item purchased through these links. That commission keeps this site up and running and allows us to keep the content coming to you! All items on here are things that we own, love and use almost daily if not multiple times a day! Feel free to contact me with questions on any of the items!