Okay… this drink is my favorite… borderline obsession and I have it for breakfast on days I don’t have time for eggs. I also make it with decaf chai tea for an afternoon pick me up.
This recipe may seem familiar… I posted it about a year ago and SOMEHOW it got deleted from my website. It seems a sweet child MAY have deleted it when they were doing homework on my computer. Oh well.
I’ve chatted about the Cinnamon “Latte” (aka power protein morning special) a few times recently so I thought it needed to be reposted!
I gave up coffee almost two years ago (wow), but I’m not anti caffeine … just anti caffeine after noon. And tea is my caffeinated drink of choice if I’m going to have it. Last year everyone was on the Bulletproof coffee train so I wanted to figure out something similar I could enjoy!
I love that this creamy, frothy beverage is dairy free and packed with protein, collagen and healthy fats. It uses two of my favorite products: Bulletproof Brain Octane & Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. I swear the Brain Octane makes me move faster and more productively and the Collagen does wonders for hair and nails!
The cashew butter and a high-speed blender is the secret for the creamy, frothy goodness.
I drink it in my big 30 oz Yeti, but you could scale recipe back too.
Also… it is delightful with a peice of that Paleo Cinnamon Coffee Cake…
- 2 Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset tea bags
- Boiling water
- 1 Heaping teaspoon of cashew butter (I like CB’s or Trader Joe’s!)
- 1 Tablespoon Bulletproof Brain Octane
- 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Glug of maple syrup (omit if you don’t want sweet)
- Splash of real vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place two Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset tea bags in your Yeti or large mug. Pour boiling water over and allow to steep for 7-10 minutes.
- In the base of your high-powered blender (I have this Vitamix and LOVE it.) add your cashew butter, Bulletproof Brain Octane, Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Once your tea has steeped to your liking (I like it fairly flavorful!) remove tea bags and pour the tea into the blender carafe with other ingredients.
- Blend on high until combined and light in color with a frothy top.
- Pour back into Yeti or large mug, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
For a decaf afternoon treat I make it with these Chai tea bags instead!